Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Pay day

Today was Alaska's payday. The State distributed the first wave of Permanent Fund Dividends to the early bird applicants. There will be two more distributions to the later applicants.
When all is said and done, every Alaska resident who qualified will receive $1106 dollars and some change. A nice increase from last year's check of $919.
Now some will save it and some will spend it, but I have come up with just the right blend. I'll make a small donation to Special Olympics of Alaska ($100), then use some for bills ($700), finally I'm blowing the other $300 on just plain fun.
And I'm not talking about egging convertables, or firecrackers in mailboxes. No, as fun as those are, I was leaning more towards putting studs on my truck and maybe tickets to the Great Alaska Shootout.
Well, that's all for now.
Later

No comments: