Monday, November 06, 2006

Middle Class Party

I had read a blog on craigslist about how disallusioned this person is about being a Republican. This was how responded:
You make some good points. It's getting harder and harder to be a Republican. Seems like half the people I talk to are far right and try to drag me with them, and the other half are liberal and ASSUME I'm far right just because of the 'R'.
I became a Republican years ago because I believe in small government and that businee should drive the economy. I also wanted smaller taxes and less government handouts.
Today, the Republicans in DC have the largest government ever, the highest government spending, and the most corruption in political in history.
I still think that the basic principles are there somewhere. But I tire of trying to sort out the BS to find it.
We need a new middle class party. One that will include the more moderate Democrats and the more moderate Republicans. One that better represents mainstream America. One that would vote out both the Bill Frists and the Dianne Fienstiens of the world.
Ah, who am I kidding, it could never happen. Cause hard working middle class Americans don't have the time or special interest money to make it work.
Sure would be nice though

No comments: