Monday, February 26, 2007

Gay Bashin'

It's an ugly term, and usually is derived from prejudice. Although, I have never been accused of gay bashing, I have been termed homophobic. What is that supposed to mean anyway? The person who called me that doesn't even know me. They merely read an opinion I wrote about gay partner benefits, and how I say it's bullshit. So, because I'm against taxpayer money funding benefits for a behavior I abhore, I am homophobic? (I'm also against welfare to women who have five children from five different men)
I'll say it again for the umpteenth time, whatever john and fred do behind closed doors is none of my business. It's sick, discusting, and dimented, but still none of my business. What IS my business is how my tax dollars are spent by the feds and the states. I don't believe my tax dollars should go to fund fred's medical bills because he is a sex partner of a state or federal employee (in this case) named john.
Any man who seeks sexual relations with another man is just as sick as one who seeks relations with a small boy, a small girl, or a sheep. I think that because society has evolved to a more accepting stance is both wrong and misguided.
If you have other opinions about this subject...so be it. We still live in a free society. You have the Right to be wrong!
I am not one that promotes gay bashing, black bashing, woman bashing, or any bashing. Although, it's hard to resist liberal bashing and Muslim bashing. But let's not go there.
I don't wear my gay opinions on my sleeve, but if you ask me I will tell you. I don't feel there should be discrimination towards a behavior, nor should the behavior be recognized for specific Rights.
This is not a race, there are not cities or countries of gays that immigrated to America. Hell, it's not a gay gene you got from your mother's side of the family. It's a behavior!
And behaviors should not be glorified or recognized as a unique group in terms of benefits or marital status.

No comments: