Monday, June 23, 2008

Vacation Coming

I start my vacation on Friday (one week) and I feel an illness coming on for Thursday! Luckily, because of the holiday, I don't return to work until the 7nth. Yeah!
The only problem is that it has been unusually wet this month. Normally in June we get 12 days over 60 degrees (this year only one thus far), and 3 days over 70 degrees (none this year). Come on, when is summer gonna show?
Anyway, if there is a window of about three nice days during my vacation, I'm riding to Fairbanks. Otherwise, I'm staying close to home, maybe wet a line here or there. I don't mind fishing in the rain, but I don't care for motorcycling in the stuff.
I really had a hankering to buy an FJR, but I have resisted the urge. I think I'll spend a few bucks on the bike I already own. The usual stuff, pipes, intake and rejett the carbs. That should be enough to keep me focused and save the big dollars.
I'll try my best to get pics on my ride to Fairbanks. I'm not much of a photographer, but I'll try.
So I may not write for awhile. Until then, see ya.

No comments: