Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Really Nice Road


I really enjoyed that little 16 mile stretch down the road to Hope, Alaska. I wondered to myself why I hadn't taken that road before?
After 90 minutes of blasting down the highway at 70mph, I could back it off a touch and cruise through the lazy meandering curves at about 50mph.
I've wanted to return, but between the rainy weather and my own shortcomings, I have not yet been able to. If I get a window of opportunity before the winter sets in, I'm definitely heading there again and also taking some pics.
Meanwhile, I received a couple of boxes in the mail. One is a remote oil filter and the other is a kit to move my two foot pegs forward a couple inches. Two small and inexpensive improvements for my V-Star 1100 Custom. Since I can't really afford a Harley (like the picture), I've decided to try and improve my Star's comfort.
Ultimately, I'd like to run a motorcycle from Alaska to Portland via the Alcan Highway. I doubt if it will be the Star, but it too could be a bit more comfy on the way to say...Talkeena.
So, one of these nights I'm gonna start on project "Star comfort" and I'll keep you informed of how it goes.
Later

No comments: