Wednesday, November 12, 2008

When Oh When?

The election is over and we all have to live with who won. That being said, lets talk motorcycles!
According to their website, it doesn't look like Anchorage Yamaha has received any '09 sport bikes yet (except the R6S).
I'm chomping at the bit to see both the FJR 1300, and the YZF-R1 models. I think I'll drop in there today and see if any 09's have arrived and just not been put on their site.
I can't explain why I'm such a Yamaha fan. I guess it goes back to my first bike in 1983. It was a used 1981 Yamaha Seca 550. It was white with red stripes, a quarter fairing, and a sissy bar. A beautiful bike that pulled a 13 second quarter mile and still got 55 mpg's.
Ever since then I've been partial to Yamahas. Of course, I've never been the proud owner of a Harley Davidson. In fact, the only other make of bike I've owned is Honda, but I have ridden several others.
Its almost like my preference for trucks. I'm a chevy man, always have been. Oh, I've owned a couple others, but I always come back to chevy. I hope they don't go bankrupt.
Enough babbling for one day. Later.

No comments: