Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Effects of Gravity

It's your friend most of the time but can also work against you. It's kinda nice to set something on the counter and know that it won't float away as soon as you turn around. At the same time, I just seemed to turn around and look in the mirror, and wow! Gravity was not friendly to the old bod.
Some of my muscles that used to be more taut and firm, now seem to sag and droop the direction of gravity.
Of course my age and inadequate maintenance of my bod surely must have contributed, but I mainly blame the rotation of the Earth.
You go about your life, working and living the best you can and then it hits you like a ton of bricks. You run into someone you haven't seen for like 30 yrs. and they almost seem disappointed.
Ah hell, who am I kidding? I don't eat right, drink too much, and the only exercise I get is riding my motorcycle.
Maybe Obama will take care of me. He'll tax the things that got me here, like booze, fatty foods, and tobacco. Then he'll tax me for the bigger carbon footprint I take up. Thus forcing me on a reducing diet. To reduce my tax that is.
Gonna bust out of here early and take out Rosie (the FJR). A lot of stuff on my mind of late, I need to clear my head.
Had a nice ride to Seward, Alaska a few days ago. If I can get my head clear, I'll tell you all about it. Good ol' Rosie, the best therapist around.
Later

No comments: