Friday, July 10, 2009

On My Way


Vacation is finally here, and I'm using my week to ride from Anchorage to Whitehorse, YT, Canada. From there I might head up to Dawson City or southwest to Haines. I really don't have an agenda, just calling it on the fly.
I wish I'd have gone this week, since we had one of the nicest weeks of weather since I lived here. It hit 80+ on three days, and in the 70's on the others.
Well, it's going to be a combination of camping and hotels. Hotels when available and camping when they aren't.
Basically its a prelude to next summer's ride from Anchorage to Portland. I figure I'll learn some good pointers on this trip that will make next year's even better.
So I'm off in the morning and not bringing a laptop, but I can send some short progress reports from my Itouch.
Later

No comments: