Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Her First Ride

 My daughter finished her AMA mortorcycle class and got her motorcycle endorsement. So, while she is here visiting we took advantage of the sunshine last Saturday and went on a ride to Girdwood and back.
 I let her ride my V-Star, while I rode the FJR1300. We started by riding around the neighborhood a few times so she could get the feel of the weight, the brakes, and the clutch.
 We then took a short 10 mile ride around town and got the bikes up to highway speed.
 Upon returning home she told ne that her windbreaker was a poor choice of attire 'cause it flaps too much at speed. So after she changed into a better jacket I asked her if she was ready for the longer ride to Girdwood. She said she was, so we headed out.
 She did really well and kept up with me at highway speeds. I had warned her about the heavy traffic on that highway, but it wasn't as bad as I had expected. We were only gone about an hour and a half, but it was the perfect length and conditions for her first ride.
 She leaves his week, so I don't know if we'll get out again on this visit, but I got a feeling we'll ride again probably next summer..
Later

No comments: