Wednesday, January 06, 2010

New Year, New Ride Plans

Have bike will travel! Haha, but not until spring. My New Year's resolution is to put more miles on the two bikes than any other year. Well, tha's gonna be easy this summer. I'm taking both bikes down the Alcan Highway to the northwest and back to Anchorage. I'm riding one and my daughter is riding the other. That will be a minimum 5k miles on each bike.
Plus, I'm riding with a group of Harley riders for a week in between the north and south runs. That will be another 1500 or so on the FJR. My ass will be rubber by the time I'm finished.
I've never taken a 3 week vacation before in my working life, so I'm really looking forward to it.
The ride with the fellers in between the north/south trip will go east from Portland up to Glacier National Park and back. We may even drive through the corner of Yellowstone Park. We are still planning the actual route. these guys have ridden together before, I'm the new guy to the group.
If I manage to not piss them off, it may become an annual thing.
At any rate, planning the ride is fun, but looking out the window at snow is depressing. Currently we are gaining a couple minutes a day of daylight, so we are definitely heading in the right direction. That's a pic of my FJR loaded for my Whitehorse trip last summer.
Whoo hoo, come on summer!
Later.

No comments: