Friday, March 26, 2010

Motorcycle Sighting!

We had a sunny and warm day here in Anchorage yesterday, it got to about 40 degrees.

So I'm in the next door neighbor's garage watching him repair his water heater and enjoying a few adult beverages, when up the street comes the season's first motorcyle, at least the first for me.

It happened to be a neighbor gal from up the street. I've met her and seen her ride, but for the life of me can't remember her name. She is fairly young (about 19) and never wears a helmet, which kinda bothers me. A very pretty and bright young gal that I sure hope never wrecks that honda 600 she rides. I've said it before and will say it again, I'm staunchly opposed to helmet laws but not helmets.

So she was the first one in our neighborhood to bust out a bike, then her dad rode it down to the garage (where I was) and stopped and visited for a few minutes. I told him I was pretty anxious to join him with my bike, but it would violate a strict rule of mine about riding after having a few drinks....I never do. It's not because of the public's poor view on it, nor because of any laws prohibiting it, no, I just don't want to wreck! Hello!

I will predict that I'm riding my bike by late next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Later

No comments: