Thursday, March 22, 2012

Winter Break is Over

It's been a long winter and I'm dying to ride! I haven't posted for several months, several coooold months, so it's time to start thinking and writing about motorcycling. I'm ready and will try to get back on a regular schedule.
 I am already planning another cross country trip with a friend of mine. The furthest destination being Reno, Nevada, with a couple stops in Oregon to see family and friends. We have the general plan mapped out, with some wiggle room mixed in.
 We will shotgun down from Anchorage, through Canada via the Cassiar Highway, and on through to Nevada taking as little time as comfortable. Then we will take our time working our way back to Alaska. It will be 3 fast weeks. If time allows, we will also swing up to Dawson City and the Top of the Word Highway.
 Man I can't wait. That said, I need to get in shape. I just started dieting (I hate dieting), and I need to get my butt out walking and drop some winter lbs. At least the daylight is back up to 12 hours a day, that does help some.
 I have several things on the spring to do list, and they aren't cheap.
 I'm gonna have HD install heated grips on my Road Glide. I should have two seasons ago, but this year it is happening. I also need new tires on my Yamaha. It gets the best mileage so I anticipate putting most of my commuter miles on it this summer. Finally, I'm considering selling my Super Glide. I know, I know, I sound like I lost my mind. I assure you I'm sane. I just think the dollars are better spent fixing up my house. Hey, I'll still have my baby the Road Glide. Actually, in all seriousness, I think I'll put both the Yamaha FJR and the HD Super Glide for sale, and keep whichever one doesn't sell.
 The FJR is another story that I'll save for another post.
 Spring is almost here, the annual Motorcycle show is in two weeks, I'm ready for a long hot summer!
Later

No comments: