Sunday, August 30, 2015

It's Getting Nippy!

I left the house around 10 am yesterday, and headed south. It was sunny but only 43 degrees out, so I threw on some long johns and wore a full face helmet. Only five miles down the highway my fingers were already getting cold. The fairing on my Road Glide protects me pretty well, save for the fingers. Twenty five miles down the inlet I had had enough. It was just a little too cold to be enjoyable, so I turned around at the Girdwood turn off and headed back home.
 Mid week it's supposed to hit the low sixties again, so hopefully the Obama visit won't shut down too many riding options and I'll get in a good ride. With the state fair traffic to the north, and Obama's motorcade traveling south, there aren't many options left. But we shall see.
Later.

No comments: